quinta-feira, 6 de junho de 2013

Unapologetic Fatty

Photo



charleyandthediamonds: Felt pretty damn good the other evening....



charleyandthediamonds:

Felt pretty damn good the other evening. #plussize #bodypositive #vbo

blackandcurvy: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/glittersmitter



blackandcurvy:

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/glittersmitter

well, i just want to thank you for the awesome blog! it really helps me in my journey to accept my body. <3 (and sorry for my english haha, it sucks)

Thank you. I know you're going to do wonderfully, I believe in you. 

psychobiddy: ootd: i'm not a fat slut but i play one on tv the...



psychobiddy:

ootd: i'm not a fat slut but i play one on tv

the only reason i didn't wear this out yesterday was because the top button popped off and i was meeting my mother-in-law

tousledredtresses: Bellllllllllllllllllllly! Loving my belly...









tousledredtresses:

Bellllllllllllllllllllly! Loving my belly and hips today

HELP A DISABLED TRANS* FATTY AFFORD DESPERATELY NEEDED CLOTHING

nonbinarybaby:

now accepting donations so i can buy intimate items (underwear mainly) and weather appropriate clothes in my size (3x/22/24) or accepting donations of clothing in that size.

this is sort of an unexpected expense, because recently clothes that i've worn on a regular basis have degraded past the point of functionality (due to rips and tears from daily wear). i thought i could get a couple months more use out of the leggings i've been wearing, but i guess not. i have on pair of leggings that i am wearing on a daily basis and this isn't sustainable.

i am an unemployed, disabled trans* queer living on a state-allotted $197 dollars a month. I thought I could make a clothing budget work this month, but it didn't happen due to regular monthly expenses like food, gas, other debt, bills, etc.

I do plan on utilizing charity programs like local clothing banks, but I'm not confident that they will have much in my size.

momentforreflection: I am thankful for the Body/Fat Acceptance movement & the pioneers of...

momentforreflection:

I am thankful for the Body/Fat Acceptance movement & the pioneers of Health at Every Size for encouraging me to accept & love my body. My body conquered cancer, carried & bore a child, it floats in water, gets me to where I'm going…. Our bodies are the one vehicle we have to live our lives, & I refuse to spend another day being ashamed of my stretch marks, my dimpled thighs or my fat layers. I will not speak poorly about my body or regret delightful food that I choose to eat. I am wonderfully made & so are you.

gunsandgucci: http://gunsandgucci.tumblr.com/ Hey, fuck off....



gunsandgucci:

http://gunsandgucci.tumblr.com/

Hey, fuck off. Don't link your blog on my content, unless you are the owner of this image and you're trying to source it. 

Just don't do that.

I will sneak into your room and pee on your pillow. 

Your blog is AMAZING! Thank you for creating this! I have such a hard time loving myself at times, but I'm step by step trying to love myself but no matter what, I seem to be back on feeling guilty on how my body looks. Is there a step I'm missing or something I haven't done to accomplish on being PERFECTLY fine with my body?

What you have to remember is that feeling guilty about your body isn't a failing on your part. It's a result of the massive societal pressure to fit our rigid standards of beauty, which is nearly (if not completely) unobtainable. Even the people we are told we're supposed to look like, don't look like that. Our media photoshops images so much that any imperfection is wiped away, and they tell us that THIS is what people look like.

No one should blame themselves for not fitting a standard that doesn't exist .

Now for something I say often: Being body positive is not a linear journey. Some days will be easier than others. You can feel great one day and feel awful the next. All of these feelings are normal and valid.

Just don't beat yourself up for your bad days. It's okay to not be okay. Remind yourself that you are valuable, and that your beauty is not what defines your worth. You owe beauty to no one. 

Things I do to appreciate my bammin slammin' bootylicious bod: 

  • Takes pictures in 'unflattering' positions
  • Look at myself in the mirror (most of the time while naked)
  • Touch my body (appreciate the varying skin texture, the softness of my belly, the strength of my legs, how my stretch marks feel) just focusing on being really aware of my body
  • Wear things I feel good in

I hope this helps, thanks for the kind words and I wish you the best of luck on your self love journey <3 

fyeahpocredcarpetfashion: Retta on the 2011 Emmys red carpet



fyeahpocredcarpetfashion:

Retta on the 2011 Emmys red carpet

chessieness: OOTD Dress - Asos curve





chessieness:

OOTD

Dress - Asos curve

curlyhairedmistress: Putting a face to a blog because why the...



curlyhairedmistress:

Putting a face to a blog because why the hell not?

iridessence: So this is basically how it will look but I will...



iridessence:

So this is basically how it will look but I will have to hem it to make it look finished and stuff. Velvet is really weird to cut. Cotton you can just cut and go for a crop top if you're neat but you cannot win with velvet.

milkycatstudios: After a long day at work I thought I still...



milkycatstudios:

After a long day at work I thought I still looked cute.

beautyiinthebreakdown: Time for therapy! Loving my outfit...



beautyiinthebreakdown:

Time for therapy!

Loving my outfit today! Dots and space ;)

nzingas-conquests: decided to take a picture of myself every...



nzingas-conquests:

decided to take a picture of myself every day in June no matter how I look. I liked today's. and I'm re-falling in love with my afro. welcome back baby.

dreamsandwhispers: Gotta love mesh.



dreamsandwhispers:

Gotta love mesh.

fatchicksings: Dear Dr. Terrible Your Bigotry is Showing… Ran...



fatchicksings:

Dear Dr. Terrible Your Bigotry is Showing…

Ran across thisin my facebook feed today and almost wanted to cry.  This tweet from Evolutionary…

View Post

Thin privilege is not being seen as incapable / incompetent because of your body size. 

notabsolutelywicked: Those moments where you catch a glimpse of your naked reflection and you're...

notabsolutelywicked:

Those moments where you catch a glimpse of your naked reflection and you're like

damn

I dig it

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário